Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Inspiration: Blog Loving






Where do I get my inspiration from? Well for one I follow a lot of blogs. I find reading other peoples blogs shows me new and inspiring ways to communicate and create.

Needle and Nest Design
A blog I follow religiously is Needles and Nest Design. I love what Mel Inglis makes and designs for her kids and herself. I featured her in a blog post in June called Guest Post: Mel Inglis. I also won one of her giveaways so I am a proud owner of her necklace creations and a felted broach. One of my favorite posts that Mel did was called D.I.Y: Easy necktie baby shirt . I want to try it for my nephew William. 



A blog that I started following a while ago is called A Beautiful Mess. I love the DIY's (Do it Yourself) and the Decor tips. The writers of the blog are sisters Elsie and Emma. They own a store called Red Velvet. I think it is in San Francisco but I am not sure. I am taking an e-course through them called Blog Love. I have learned a lot especially that featuring other artists and bloggers on your blog is important. It's not always about promoting your own work. 

Treasuring

Jessica Swift is a surface pattern designer which basically means that she makes designs which manufacturers buy and put on their products. She write a blog about her experience as a designer.  She started a group on Facebook called Get Brave, Go! It's a group of artisans who need encouragement to get out there and find buyers for their creations. I have only been on it for a couple days and I already find it encouraging. 

I also follow other blogs for all kinds of reasons. Some I follow because I think they are pretty. Some I love the photographs. Some it's for the tutorials and DIYs. Whatever the reason it is always a good one. I will leave you with just a few more to explore. I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do. 


1 comment:

  1. aww, I'm honoured, thanks again for the lovin'... happy to inspire what is already such a creative soul! xo
    Mel ;o)
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete