Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Repetition is not my forte

I am gearing up for the 30 under 30 craft show at the Peterborough Public Library. But that means doing a lot of the same things over and over again, such as cutting out circles for felt flowers and sewing them together by hand.
I went to the One of a kind show the end of March with my friend Jenn. She owns her own business doing Kindermusic in Guelph. I told her that doing the grunt work and doing the same thing over and over is not fun for me. I like the creative process, exploring new possibilities, etc. But she gave me some good advice, it basically went like this... If you want to have a business sometimes you have to do things you don't like. This could be anything from cutting out tons of felt circles, to preparing your taxes.

I think it is sound advice and certainly advice that I am going to put into practice. But obviously I won't lose what I love to do best which is discovering new ways to create things that people enjoy. I did see a project on www.pinterest.com that involved yarn, glue and a balloon, hmmmm.... Well maybe after I finish my felt flowers and sewing all my tote bags. Here are some pictures of tote bags, some are done and some need to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment