Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Creativity: Hoo loves you?

I am getting ready for my birthday party on Saturday. There will be about 12 kids there which is going to be awesome. It's going to be all about them. We are going to play games, do crafts and I am planning on telling some stories.

I have really come to embrace my role as an aunt. Being an aunt is not a consolation prize for me, it's not second best. It is the best! I get to be there for my nieces and nephews in a different way than their parents can. It's a real privilege. So all that to say I decided to make owl favors with candy in them for the kids.

 

I found the idea on my friend Mel's blog called Needle and Nest Design. Check out the tutorial here.

I got craft paper from the post office to use for the owls.

I sewed up the edges of the owls which worked great.

Then I painted the owl with some white paint and then illustrated the owl with a sharpie. 



Here is my friend Lisa and I making the owl's. It was a blast.




William was at my house tonight which was awesome!





I just love my nieces and nephews. I can't wait to see them on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment