Below is the ugly orange cover that was on it. I think it was quite the transformation.
I didn't know where to start so I called my sister-in-law to see if I could bring the ottoman to Hamilton in a big suitcase and have her show me how. But she said that Youtube was probably my best bet. So I went to the university of Youtube and found this video. She showed me how to do the corners by tucking them underneath and then stapling them on the bottom (see below.)
I seriously did this project in less than half an hour. Once I understood the process the execution didn't take long. For my next project I want to reupholster some dining room chairs.