Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Creativity: Reupholstering an Ottoman

I am so excited! I reupholstered my first piece of furniture. My roommate had this ottoman that she was going to sell on Kijiji but I kind of started using it. I thought it was really ugly so when she asked me if I wanted it I said no. That was until I realized I could reupholster it. I already had a piece of fabric that was perfect for it. Below is the finished product.

  
Below is the ugly orange cover that was on it. I think it was quite the transformation.

I didn't know where to start so I called my sister-in-law to see if I could bring the ottoman to Hamilton in a big suitcase and have her show me how. But she said that Youtube was probably my best bet. So I went to the university of Youtube and found this video. She showed me how to do the corners by tucking them underneath and then stapling them on the bottom (see below.)


I seriously did this project in less than half an hour. Once I understood the process the execution didn't take long. For my next project I want to reupholster some dining room chairs.


Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment