Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Inspiration Boards

I had a bunch of loose papers kicking around my art room and I didn't know what to do with them. They were things like ideas I had found in a magazine or tutorials that I printed out. I thought I would create inspiration boards that I could clip these papers too. The best and cheapest solution was to buy clip boards and hang them on the wall. But I wanted to make them pretty and functional. Solution: cover them with wallpaper. I got the wallpaper from a discontinued wall paper book from Benjamin Moore. 


I put double sided tape on the clip board, put the wallpaper on and then wrapped the paper around on the other side like a present. I took an exacto knife and cut around the clip part at the top. Then I put letter stickers on the top to indicate what the board was going to contain (Home, Holidays, Tutorials). You can make yours whatever category you want.



Then I just clipped my loose papers to them and voila they were no longer in my way. Easy, cheap and an awesome way to keep your creative space clutter free. I only made three because that was all I needed right now but you can make as many as you want. 



Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment