Friday, April 26, 2013

Wire Crochet necklace

I have been wanting to try something new for a while now with my jewelry. I have been making Japanese Chiyogami paper pendants since 2009 and I was getting a bit bored of them. At the Art Gallery of Peterborough a while back I saw a necklace that looked like it was knit with wire. I knew that if I had the chance I wanted to try it. Through a fluke I found a class in Toronto that was teaching how to crochet with wire. I took the first class last night and really enjoyed it. 


I have never crocheted before so I am glad it was really basic. I don't think I could have figured it out from You tube so I am glad that I was able to get hands on teaching. The class was only $15 at a place called Uniiverse at the corner of Jarvis and Adelaide in Toronto. The group of ladies were lovely and we had lots of laughs.

For my necklace I chose purple and teal and then realized later I was wearing those colors. It was made with three crocheted strands that were wrapped together. I really like how it turned out. 



I was thinking I could integrate some fabric or wool roving into the next one I do. I could even put one of my pendants on it too as long as the bead work was simple. I like the versatility of this type of jewelry making. 

After the class I spent the night with my brother Stephen and my sister in law Stacy. It was nice to spend time with them chatting and catching up. Emanuel woke me up really early and asked "auntie can you get me some cereal?" How can I say no or be grumpy? We snuggled on the couch and watched cartoons.

My other nephew Xavier was super cute. He got oatmeal all over his dad and himself.

 Here I am dropping Emanuel off at school with Stacy.



What a great day. I love hanging out with my family they are awesome. Life is truly sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. love the new necklace!!!! i'll put in my order!
    emmy

    ReplyDelete