Friday, September 21, 2012

Favorite Friday Ideas

This week I have been thinking about fall. The days are getting shorter, the air cooler and my creativity is increasing. Here are some fall ideas.

Unidentified Source 
This idea is so simple but neat. You put a patterned nylon over the pumpkin. Brilliant!

Source
I love this pattern. Great idea for paper or even a quilt or wall hanging.

Super cute, currently working on a leaf garland. Watch for it in a future post.  

So cute and practical. 

In the past I have taken sheaves of wheat and spray painted them gold. I might try that again. 

Lately I have been really interested in packaging. I read an article on Etsy that stated that sellers with good packaging have more repeat customers. I made some boxes as seen on my Etsy account. I actually sold some boxes which made me super excited. Here are some of my packaging inspirations.

I like the idea of creating my own gift wrap. I bought a roll of craft paper from the Post office. I stamped it up with cute fern and dragonfly stamps. I am also planning on making Christmas gift wrap. I found an idea that said to spray paint over top of lace. I am sure I will feature it on the blog closer to Christmas. 


I think this idea would work with strips of Japanese Chiyogami paper over craft boxes. 

My brother Michael has piles of old maps. I went through them and found some great ones. I also saw a lady at a craft show print digital pictures over top of maps. 

Finally, color has been inspiring me, particularly turquoise. I just bought some turquoise milk paint from Homestead House Paints. It is called Kitchen scale and it was develop by Miss Mustard seed. Here is a picture of a dresser that has been painted with Kitchen Scale.

This material is called Artisan in Emerald by Hawthorne Threads. I drool over their fabric, it is so lovely.

Turquoise palette, reminds me of the ocean.

Source
I love the black and white with the turquoise.

Source 
Turquoise and orange are a big hit for me. Daring but doable. 


Well that is it for the Favorite Friday Ideas Feature. I hope you enjoyed the ideas and if you want to look into them more click "Source" under the picture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment