Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creativity: Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint

I just got a sample size of Miss Mustard Seeds Milk paint in the mail. The color is called Kitchen scale. I just got a sample size because I wanted to paint a shelf that I found at Value Village.

I have painted with milk paint before when I stayed at my brother and sister-in-laws in Hamilton. I talk about Jen, my sister-in-law a lot, because she is a big inspiration to me. She is a mom of identical twin girls but still finds time to refinish a dresser and a camping trailer. You can find these projects at Repurposed Gems.

 I got this shelf for $5.99 at Value Village. It needed a good sanding down, but it is very well made.  

Here is the shelf before it was distressed. 

 The shelf after it was sanded and distressed.

Here is a closer look. 

Perfect for my purses

You may be familiar with the Milk paint look. Or you may be wondering why you sand it down after painting it. It's because it is supposed to have a distressed and vintage look. I decided not to include a tutorial but if you are interested in learning more about Milk paint I would suggest you go to www.missmustardseed.com. I can also try to answer any of your questions. Please drop me a line at lauraannv1980@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment