Saturday, October 20, 2012

Family: Krafty Kids


I was over at my adopted nieces and nephews house for the afternoon and supper on Thursday. We made some crafts and had a nice supper together. We made pumpkins out of felt and a Styrofoam ball.

In hindsight it was a little bit too difficult a craft for the young kids. Ivy and Desmond lost interest but Kora finished one. That is ok though, it's all about trying things out to see how it works.

 Desmond

Ivy

Kora

The kids were super excited about the yummy apple crisp that their mom made for them. 


William, my nephew, was excited too!

Later on that night I was chatting with my friend Esther about how I have discovered something. A while ago I was worried that I was going to be left behind because I was single and had no kids. But I have found a wonderful truth. If you serve your friends with kids and love their kids they want you along.

The key is to rejoice with your friends and family and love their kids. No one wants to be around someone who is bitter and miserable about the way their life has worked out. But if you rejoice and love you will not be left behind. Just a nugget of wisdom from this journey of mine.

1 comment: