Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A pretty good day in the life of LA Vida Dolce

If you haven't caught on yet, my company name is LA Vida Dolce, which means Life is Sweet. I make jewelry and accessories and sell them here locally in Peterborough, ON as well as online. I started back in 2009 and have slowly been building. Check out my website www.lavidadolce.etsy.com for examples.


Today I got my large shipment of supplies in and also some new Japanese paper. I assembled some right away and hit the pavement. I sold 10 pieces to Hi Ho Silver and they are even putting them in their front window. I brought in the color swatches from the Spring 2012 color trending (you can check that out at http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr.aspx?pg=20910&ca=4) and showed how my jewelry matched the spring colors. They were impressed.

I also brought some to various other places. At one store I even bartered for product. I haven't bartered before so it was pretty fun. I ended up with a lot of nice bath and body items and also a gift certificate to boot. I even hit up my local bank and left some there for the tellers to look at. On Friday I meet with another potential client, so that should be exciting. My friend Jacqueline is taking some to British Columbia to show them to some jewelry stores there.

All in all it has been a good day. I thank the Lord for all his goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment